The Office of Disability Employment Policy defines integrated employment as those jobs held by people with the most significant disabilities in typical workplace settings where the majority of persons employed are not persons with disabilities. In these jobs, the individuals with disabilities earn wages consistent with wages paid workers without disabilities in the community performing the same or similar work; the individuals earn at least minimum wage, and they are paid directly by the employer.
SB21-039 Elimination of Sub-Minimum Wage Employment, was signed on June 29, 2021. The bill phases out sub-minimum wage employment for those employers who hold a 14(c) certificate, moving to a fully integrated employment model.
We've gathered some resources that may assist your organization with Provider Transformation in moving from sub-minimum wage employment to fully individualized competitive integrated employment. DVR will also add more information on Provider Transformation as they are developed.
- Provider Transformation
- Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) Frequently Asked Questions on Section 511: Limitations on Use of Subminimum Wage
- Subminimum Wage Program: Factors influencing the transition of individuals with disabilities to competitive integrated employment
- ODEP: Recent Funding Opportunities to Expand Access to Competitive Integrated Employment for Individuals with Disabilities (July 2021)
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) 2017 Provider Transformation Webinar Series
- ODEP Provider Transformation Manual
- ODEP Provider Transformation Efforts
ODEP 3 Part Webinar Series
The Office of Disability Employment Policy is offering a 3-part webinar series on Provider Transformation: Value, Outcome and Performance-Based Payment Methodologies to Advance Competitive Integrated Employment.
Part I: Value, Outcome and Performance-Based Payment Methodologies to Advance Competitive Integrated Employment in State Medicaid Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Systems and Managed Care LTSS Systems. Access Recording Here.
Part II: May 12th, 1:00 - 2:00 pm: Supporting Employment Service Providers to Succeed and Prosper by Partnering to Advance Competitive Integrated Employment: Applying Value, Outcome and Performance-Based Payment Methodologies. Access Recording Here and Presentation.
Part III: May 19th, 1:00 - 2:30pm. Advancing Competitive Integrated Employment: Value, Outcome and Performance-Based Payment Methodologies in State Vocational Rehabilitation and Behavioral Health Systems. Register Here.