If you are interested in being self-employment, our DVR staff offer a variety of services to assist you in navigating the business development process.
Take advantage of our professional vendor network, made up of seasoned business experts, all of whom are united for the purpose of offering their collective expertise to aid and assist our new entrepreneurs with real-world knowledge and training.
If you are already fortunate enough to be an experienced business owner, DVR offers existing business intervention assistance with professional know-how, advice and resources that will propel our entrepreneurs with disabilities to new levels of business success.
DVR Self-Employment Forms
DVR offers a variety forms and templates that can be used in developing your business plan. You can use these forms or others if you choose. However, all the components found in the "Business Plan Components" document are required when submitting a business plan.
- Getting Started in Self-Employment
Self-Employment Desk Aide – overview of DVR's self-employment process, including start-up cost Tiers
Tier Table - Accessible
- Developing the Business Plan
- Self-Employment Procedure and Training Manual, PDF Accessible Version
- On-line currirulum to learn about self-employment in VR
- Money Smart for Small Business
- CO Small Business Development Center
- 10 Steps to Start Your Business (from the SBA)
- CO SBDC offers free e-learning videos on a variety of related topics
- MyBiz Colorado - a one stop site to begin a business
- Colorado Business Resource Book - an online tool to help get your business started
Running To Win
Steve Heidenreich, participant in DVR's Self-Employment Program and a member of the SRC, has a goal of being a motivational speaker and author. His recent book, "Running to Win", is currently #3 on the Amazon New Releases: The best-selling new & future releases in Olympic Games. Keep your eye out for more updates!!