In honor of Wayfinding Month, DVR is announcing its commitment to inclusion in a new app to help those who are blind or have low vision effectively and independently navigate its Denver Metro Field Office located at 2211 W. Evans. Visitors and staff can now download GoodMaps Explore, an accessible wayfinding app, onto their Apple or Android mobile device for free. Read the Press Release for more details.
How does GoodMaps Explore work?
- Download GoodMaps Explore
- Search for the (venue name) Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (2211 W. Evans Denver, CO 80223). Colorado Department of Labor and Employment
- Explore the building and receive real-time directions and information
What can GoodMaps Explore be used for at our Denver Metro Field Office?
- Visitors and staff can navigate throughout the building to find their way to appointments
- Find the conference room and other key areas in the building
- Navigate to the restrooms
Disability Hiring Preference Pilot
Beginning March 1, 2022, applicants with disabilities who apply for a job at the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE), may be eligible to receive preference in the application process. This preference is similar to the Veterans’ Preference currently in place.
The new pilot, implemented as a result of the passage of SB21-095, recognizes that the skills and talents of people with disabilities are often overlooked, resulting in high rates of unemployment, even in state government. That's why the Disability Hiring Preference Pilot Program seeks to create more equitable hiring practices inclusive to people with disabilities.
We are open!
DVR is open and providing services in a hybrid approach: in person, in the community or remotely.