If you are a person with a disability who needs help with employment, you found the right place!
The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) supports people with disabilities to prepare for, obtain, advance in, and maintain employment by providing a range of customized services based on your individual employment needs and goals. Our Rehabilitation Counselors have specific expertise in the medical and psychological aspects of disabilities and work holistically to support you in employment, community participation and living independently.
We will partner closely with you to determine an employment goal and identify and arrange for the services that will be needed to achieve this goal. We provide vocational counseling and guidance and a full range of individualized services to help you reach employment success.
The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) is a trusted partner in helping the people we serve to find meaningful employment. We constantly work to build relationships with employers and partners so you can compete for competitive, integrated employment opportunities and obtain jobs that are on a career pathway and lead to self-sufficiency.
DVR takes a holistic approach in working with the people we serve. All of the services we provide are individualized to you. Learn More about Programs Here
- Services May Include
- One-on-one vocational rehabilitation counseling and guidance
- Pre-employment Transition Services to students with disabilities
- Benefits counseling
- Physical and mental restoration services
- Training services, including vocational, academic, and personal adjustment
- Job related services, including, job-seeking skills training, job placement, and job coaching
- Specialized services for individuals who are blind, deaf, and deaf-blind, including interpreter services, note-taking services, and reader services
- Rehabilitation technology services, including assistive technology devices, assistive technology services, and rehabilitation engineering services to address barriers encountered with employment
- Supportive services, such as maintenance, transportation, personal assistance services, and services to family members may also be provided if necessary.